[BCNnet] Announcement- Orland Grassland Birding Event

bobolnk at ix.netcom.com bobolnk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 14 14:48:37 CST 2006

This announcement invites you to join the Orland Grassland Volunteers for their Grand Birding Event.  Explore the approximately 750 acres of grassland on this 1000 acre preserve at the height of migration.  The birding is outstanding, as is the scenery.  Even better - a chance to meet and show support for the wonderful corps of volunteers who have been a key part of creating and maintaining this habitat.

Orland Grassland Grand Birding Event

The Orland Grassland Volunteers are planning the Second Annual Grassland bird count and we need you!

Help us answer these two very important questions…

Wow! I’ve never seen that bird before.  What is it?
and
Just how many kinds of birds are out here, anyway?

Whether you are an experienced birder or new and curious, you are very welcome to be a part of this important, grand event.  We need leaders and those wanting to learn.

When?  May 20, 2006
Time?  7:00 a.m.
Where?  Orland Grassland
167th St Parking Lot (just west of La Grange)

Beginning Birding and Leaders Organizational Workshop (not required)
When? May 7, 2006
Time? 10:00 a.m.
Where? Camp Sagawau

You are invited to come early for a Bird Hike at 7:00 a.m.
Attend workshop: beginning birding and organizing leaders at 10:00 a.m.
Bring a bag lunch or something to cook on the grill.
Take a Canyon Tour at 12:00 p.m.
Watch the Bird Banding 7a.m.-12 p.m. (weather permitting)

For more information on learning about birds or helping lead a team, call:

Suzanne Koglin
708-349-4913

On the Web at www.orlandgrassland.org

Judy Pollock