[BCNnet] RE: [fpfriends] an end-of-campaign request on behalf of campaign for Forrest Claypool

Benjamin Cox benjamin at fotfp.org
Wed Mar 8 11:44:24 CST 2006

Hi Randi,

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Democratic process. I understand that
folks are very passionate about this election, maybe even more than usual.

However, I must remind you and everyone else that this is the listserv of
Friends of the Forest Preserves, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, we are not allow to
make any political endorsements of any kind.

We have not and will not endorse any candidates for this election. We try
hard to work with all Commissioners for the betterment of the Forest
Preserve District when we have the opportunity. It is our mission to
preserve and enhance the Forest Preserves of Cook County to help ensure the
Preserves together with their flora and fauna are here for us and future
generations to enjoy.

I am sorry for having to be so direct about this issue, but this sort of
discussion on our listserv can jeopardize our non-profit status with the
Internal Revenue Service and therefore jeopardize the very existence of
Friends.

Please feel free to contact individuals directly to invite them to be more
active in the political process.

Best,

Benjamin Cox

Executive Director