[BCNnet] Bird Conservation Effort for Gulf Coast area

Randi Doeker - Chicago rbdoeker at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 14:01:27 CDT 2005

Dear Bird Conservationists:

I think there is an opportunity to get bird-safe design practices included in the rebuilding plans
in the hurricane area.  Step 1 is planting the seeds of the idea with the right people in that
region.

I am looking for volunteers to help with the web research.

My idea is to just start contacting relevant people now to ask them to include it in any
discussions they may be involved in.  Besides the obvious people like the Sierra Club, Audubon and
other bird clubs, there are lots of college professors and state employees in relevant fields – the
local go-to experts whenever bird advice is needed.

And then there is the entire architecture profession to be contacted –the academics, associations
and practioners.

For all these I see just a short email introducing the topic but the sooner we get it out there,
the better the chances of success.

We can easily divide the task by state and type –bird clubs in Mississippi; ornithology professors
in Alabama, etc.   It’s all web-research.

Can you help?

Randi Doeker
Chicago
Birds & Buildings Forum