[BCNnet] FWD - RALLY TO SAVE TRI-COUNTY STATE PARK

COszak at aol.com COszak at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 14:05:49 CDT 2005

This message is being forwarded by:
Chris Oszak

RALLY TO SAVE TRI-COUNTY STATE PARK

The only state park in the region, Tri-County State Park in Bartlett, is not
being funded this year by the State of Illinois.  A group of volunteers is
concerned about the future operations of this park.  The first big cuts due to
the lack of funding will most likely be the visitors center and tour operations,
which will have to be closed. To protest the lack of funding and planning, we
are going to hold a rally at the park next Sunday, September 11, at 12
noon. Rally details can be found in the attached flyer.

Sincerely,
Rob Bisceglie

SAVE TRI-COUNTY
STATE PARK

Our only state park in the region (Bartlett) has not been funded by the State
of IL

Tri-County State Park is important. By preserving open space and making
available recreational activities, Tri-County State Park, if funded, will continue
to develop and become a destination for families in this part of DuPage, Kane
and Cook counties. Our elected officials must come to understand that families
come first.

Illinois has provided significant funds for the creation of this park. Today,
our state legislators choose to provide millions of dollars in
taxpayer-supported subsidies to corporations through tax loopholes, but they do not provide
a single dollar for the only state park in our region! Without funding, the
visitor center and tour operations will be closed. In fact, the Forest Preserve
District of DuPage County has already been hard hit by the reduction of
federal monies, and now the State of Illinois is forcing us to consider further
subsidizing this park with our County tax dollars.

Tri-County State Park provides us an opportunity. By preserving open space
and making available important recreational activities to families, Tri-County
State Park, will continue to develop and become an important destination for us
in this part of northwestern DuPage, Kane and Cook counties.

The closing of operations at Tri-County State Park would be a significant
waste of taxpayer funds.  The failure to adequately fund, plan for and care for
Tri-County State Park is just one recent example of bad government and wasteful
spending, but it is one that we now have the opportunity to correct to
protect the only state park in our region.

Rally to Save the Park!
All are urged to attend Sunday, September 11, 2005
12 noon at Tri-County State Park
2054 W. Stearns Road, Bartlett, IL
Directions: Take County Farm Road to Stearns Road and head west
(approximately 5 miles).  The park entrance is located approximately 2 miles west of Route
59.

Help get funding for Tri-County State Park by contacting the Governor at
www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm.  Also contact your state legislators.

Contact Rob Bisceglie at rbisceglie at sbcglobal.net or 630-924-0427 with
questions.

PLEASE PASS ALONG COPIES OF THIS FLYER TO OTHERS &
POST COPIES ON BULLETIN BOARDS