[BCNnet] FPDCC releases budget recommendation yesterday

Benjamin Cox benjamin at fotfp.org
Wed Nov 9 09:38:16 CST 2005

FPDCC releases budget recommendation yesterday

Nearly a month earlier than last year, the Forest Preserve District of Cook
County released its 2006 Executive Budget Recommendation yesterday. Public
hearings will take place next week.

Markham - 6:30 pm Nov. 15

6th District Circuit Courthouse

16501 S. Kedzie Ave.

Skokie - 6:30 pm Nov. 16

2nd District Courthouse

5600 Old Orchard Road

Maywood - 6:30 pm Nov. 17

4th District Circuit Courthouse

1500 S. Maybrook Drive

Chicago - 10 am Nov. 29

County Building, Room 569

118 N. Clark Street

The public may testify at these meetings. Persons wishing to testify should
give their name, and the name of any organization they may represent to the
Secretary of the Forest Preserve District, 536 N. Harlem Ave., River Forest,
IL. The telephone number is (708) 771-1561. Each organization will be
limited to one speaker. Each speaker will be limited to three minutes.
Speakers are requested to submit 30 copies of any written statement to the
Committee prior to speaking.

Friends of the Forest Preserves are already reviewing the budget, which is
available at http://www.fpdcc.com/tier3.php?release_id=368. If you have
comments or suggestions please forward them to Benjamin Cox at
benjamin at fotfp.org. We have already identified many very positive steps that
are being planned for next year and a few negative ones. When our budget
statement is ready we will make it available to the list.

Benjamin Cox

Executive Director

Friends of the Forest Preserves

205 W. Monroe St., 4th Floor