[BCNnet] 100 rescues in Loop on Sunday

Robbie Hunsinger redstart1@earthlink.net
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:50:51 -0500

--B_3179202651_4124712

I just wanted you all to know that the Collision Monitors rescued 100 birds
in the Loop on Sunday.

I am NOT kidding!

One monitor- Annette Prince had over 60.

We all had to quit around 1pm and then came the challenge of getting these
birds to rehab.

Valerie Andrla drove yours truly and 91 birds to Fox Valley Wildlife Center
whose staff worked tirelessly to get the birds set for the night.

It was unbelievable.

Our success with getting the lights out downtown has made a tremendous
difference.
I am quite sure we would have had staggering fatalities had the lights been
on.

Wish us a quieter rest of the season!
If you are interested in volunteering, we are needing people for later
shifts these days as many of our hits are coming after dawn up into the 9am
hour even. Let us know if you=B9d like to help out.

Thanks and Happy Birding everyone-

Robbie Hunsinger
redstart1@earthlink.net
Cook County

Founder & Coordinator
Chicago Bird Collision Monitors
http://www.birdmonitors.net

--B_3179202651_4124712

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>100 rescues in Loop on Sunday</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande">I just wanted you all to know that the Collision=
 Monitors rescued 100 birds in the Loop on Sunday.<BR>
<BR>
I am NOT kidding!<BR>
<BR>
One monitor- Annette Prince had over 60. <BR>
<BR>
We all had to quit around 1pm and then came the challenge of getting these =
birds to rehab.<BR>
<BR>
Valerie Andrla drove yours truly and 91 birds to Fox Valley Wildlife Center=
 whose staff worked tirelessly to get the birds set for the night.<BR>
<BR>
It was unbelievable.<BR>
<BR>
Our success with getting the lights out downtown has made a tremendous diff=
erence.<BR>
I am quite sure we would have had staggering fatalities had the lights been=
 on.<BR>
<BR>
Wish us a quieter rest of the season!<BR>
If you are interested in volunteering, we are needing people for later shif=
ts these days as many of our hits are coming after dawn up into the 9am hour=
 even. Let us know if you&#8217;d like to help out.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks and Happy Birding everyone-<BR>
<BR>
Robbie Hunsinger<BR>