[BCNnet] IBET/BCNnet: Status of COS Newsletter (print version)

Birdchris@aol.com Birdchris@aol.com
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 17:45:14 EDT

-------------------------------1094507114

Hello, COS members,

The designer of the Chicago Ornithological Society's newsletter, Louise
Molnar, finished the September newsletter (which looks great), but her computer
melted down just as she was saving a PDF version for print. We can't open  the
file for printing and poor Louise is having to rebuild her hard drive AND
rebuild the newsletter. So members who receive the print version will have  to
wait a bit longer while she finishes the process and we get it to and back  from
the printer.

Luckily, Louise's machine was obedient enough to correctly save the email
version and that should be coming to you ASAP.

The moral of the story? If you CAN receive The Chicago Birder, but  don't,
NOW is a great time to change your subscription from print to email.  Besides
totally avoiding the delay of printing and regular mailing, the email  version
of The Birder comes in FULL COLOR, so you'll get the advantage  of seeing great
color photos from many of the Chicago area's best bird  photographers, as
well as pictures from COS events.

In the meantime, you can get information about COS field trips and
activities at our web site: _www.chicagobirder.org_ (http://www.chicagobirder.org)

To temporarily change your COS newsletter subscription  to EMAIL from print
FOR JUST THE SEPT./OCT. ISSUE, please contact the COS  Email Manager, Steve
Phillips at _savebirds@email.com_ (mailto:savebirds@email.com) .

To PERMANENTLY change your COS newsletter subscription to EMAIL,  please
contact the COS Membership Chair, Jane Pedersen, at _JaneLCSW@aol.com_
(mailto:JaneLCSW@aol.com) .

If you AREN'T a COS member and would like to receive our newsletter  and
other member benefits, check out the web site at _www.chicagobirder.org_
(http://www.chicagobirder.org)  for more  information and a membership application.

Thanks and very sorry for the inconvenience. Technology is not our friend
this week.

Christine Williamson
Chicago/Cook
_birdchris@aol.com_ (mailto:birdchris@aol.com)

-------------------------------1094507114

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1458" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>Hello, COS members, </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The designer of the Chicago Ornithological Society's newsletter, Louise=
=20
Molnar, finished the September newsletter (which looks great), but her compu=
ter=20
melted down just as she was saving a PDF version for print.&nbsp;We can't op=
en=20
the file for printing and poor Louise is having to rebuild her hard drive AN=
D=20
rebuild the newsletter.&nbsp;So members who receive the print version will h=
ave=20
to wait a bit longer while she finishes the process and we get it to and bac=
k=20
from the printer.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Luckily, Louise's machine was obedient enough to correctly save the ema=
il=20
version and that should be coming to you ASAP. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The moral of the story? If you CAN receive <EM>The Chicago Birder</EM>,=
 but=20
don't, NOW is a great time to change your subscription from print to email.=20
Besides totally avoiding the delay of printing and regular mailing, the emai=
l=20
version of <EM>The Birder</EM> comes in FULL COLOR, so you'll get the advant=
age=20
of seeing great color photos from many of the Chicago area's best bird=20
photographers, as well as pictures from COS events. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In the meantime, you can get information about COS field trips and=20
activities at our web site: <A=20
href=3D"http://www.chicagobirder.org">www.chicagobirder.org</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>To temporarily change your COS newsletter subscription=20
to&nbsp;EMAIL from print FOR JUST THE SEPT./OCT. ISSUE, please contact the C=
OS=20
Email Manager, Steve Phillips at </STRONG><A=20
href=3D"mailto:savebirds@email.com"><STRONG>savebirds@email.com</STRONG></A>=
<STRONG>.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>To PERMANENTLY change your COS newsletter subscription to EMAIL=
,=20
please contact the COS Membership Chair, Jane Pedersen, at <A=20
href=3D"mailto:JaneLCSW@aol.com">JaneLCSW@aol.com</A>.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>If you AREN'T a COS member and would like to receive our newsle=
tter=20
and other member benefits, check out the web site at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.chicagobirder.org">www.chicagobirder.org</A>&nbsp;for mor=
e=20
information and a membership application.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks and very sorry for the inconvenience. Technology is not our frie=
nd=20
this week.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Christine Williamson</DIV>