[BCNnet] Importance of Local Vote for Conservation

Joe Suchecki issuesman50@yahoo.com
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:13:35 -0700 (PDT)

--0-851287764-1099152815=:46256

Just a quick reminder that Tuesday is Election Day.  While most of the attention is focused on Bush and Kerry, remember that our local bird conservation efforts and stewardship efforts are controlled by our local officials.

Don't forget to vote for state legislators and County commissioners at the end of the ballot.  Here in Dupage County, we have separate commisisoners for the Forest Preserve District and there are candidates in favor and opposed to restoration.  While national environmental issues often take the spotlight, our local efforts depend on ensuring that knowledgeable and pro-conservation officials are there to protect our public lands in Illinois.

Yor vote is important in these local races - so please make your vote count.

Thanks.

Joe Suchecki
Naperville

--0-851287764-1099152815=:46256

<DIV>Just a quick reminder that Tuesday is Election Day.&nbsp; While most of the attention is focused on Bush and Kerry, remember that our local bird conservation efforts and stewardship efforts are controlled by our local officials.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Don't forget to vote for state legislators and County commissioners at the end of the ballot.&nbsp; Here in Dupage County, we have separate commisisoners for the Forest&nbsp;Preserve District and there are candidates in favor and opposed to restoration.&nbsp; While national environmental issues often take the spotlight, our local efforts depend on ensuring that knowledgeable and pro-conservation officials are there to protect our public lands in Illinois.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Yor&nbsp;vote&nbsp;is important in these local races - so please make your vote count.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joe Suchecki</DIV>