[BCNnet] IBET: need help with rescue Hotline [no sightings]

Robbie Hunsinger redstart1@earthlink.net
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 10:08:17 -0500

--B_3180074898_2358972

Dear bird lovers,
I am having to scale back our Hotline  hours unless I can get some
volunteers to help in the afternoons.  At this point it is active only
during morning hours til 11am every day. It is not my preference to limit
the hours but I have to get to work!

I am hoping that someone with some afternoon time or availability might be
willing to take maybe one day a week to help us facilitate rescues. This is
a  dispatch job and would not involve driving or running around on your
part. It would only involve some phone calls. We mainly need someone that
can I can forward calls to for that period of time.  We have a lot of
commited volunteers and drivers in the city and just need someone to help u=
coordinate these resources. The phone fortunately does not ring off the
hook!  You will likely get 0 calls many days. When it=B9s busy you might
handle up to 4 calls.

If you have time to take over this important resource even one afternoon a
week that would be a great help. If you can do more that would be terrific.
We have made an impact in Chicago and many people are likely to try to help
a bird now that they see in trouble and they are likely to call us for
assistance and advice.

These are rescues that we can help make with your help.

Thanks for your consideration and happy birding!

Robbie Hunsinger
cook county
redstart1@earthlink.net

Founder & Coordinator
Chicago Bird Collision Monitors
http://www.birdmonitors.net

--B_3180074898_2358972

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>IBET: need help with rescue Hotline [no sightings]</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande">Dear bird lovers,<BR>
I am having to scale back our Hotline &nbsp;hours unless I can get some vol=
unteers to help in the afternoons. &nbsp;At this point it is active only dur=
ing morning hours til 11am every day. It is not my preference to limit the h=
ours but I have to get to work!<BR>
<BR>
I am hoping that someone with some afternoon time or availability might be =
willing to take maybe one day a week to help us facilitate rescues. This is =
a &nbsp;dispatch job and would not involve driving or running around on your=
 part. It would only involve some phone calls. We mainly need someone that c=
an I can forward calls to for that period of time. &nbsp;We have a lot of co=
mmited volunteers and drivers in the city and just need someone to help us c=
oordinate these resources. The phone fortunately does not ring off the hook!=
 &nbsp;You will likely get 0 calls many days. When it&#8217;s busy you might=
 handle up to 4 calls. <BR>
<BR>
If you have time to take over this important resource even one afternoon a =
week that would be a great help. If you can do more that would be terrific. =
We have made an impact in Chicago and many people are likely to try to help =
a bird now that they see in trouble and they are likely to call us for assis=
tance and advice.<BR>
<BR>
These are rescues that we can help make with your help. <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Thanks for your consideration and happy birding!<BR>
<BR>
Robbie Hunsinger<BR>
cook county<BR>
redstart1@earthlink.net<BR>