[BCNnet] need support for Northerly Island Bird Rehab Facility

Robbie Hunsinger redstart1@earthlink.net
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:14:33 -0600

--B_3184668874_6089278

Dear Bird Conservationists,
There is an effort underway to promote the creation of a Nature Center and
Bird Rehabilitation Facility in the old terminal building at Northerly
Island. There is another meeting and discussion this

Thursday night December 2, from 630 =AD 8:30pm
at Portage Park, 4100 Long Grove Ave.

Portage Park in on Long Grove just north of Irving and west of the the
Kennedy (90) by a few blocks.  If you get west to Central you have gone too
far!

It is critical that we have people showing up at these meetings to promote
the idea of a Rehab.

There is not a suitable facility
anywhere near Chicago period for injured birds and our Collision Monitor
volunteers are currently traveling  3hours round trip to get the birds that
we rescue the help they need. It is quite a hurdle as you can imagine.

Most birds that hit buildings can be treated and released to continue their
journeys but they all need expert evaluation and care.
We rescued close to 400 birds this fall alone and over 100 in one day. A
rehabilitation facility in the city is most desperately needed for the
migratory birds we rescue and for the hundreds of other birds that are foun=
each year needing help.

There is a critical need for a facility to care for these birds in Chicago
and Northerly Island seems ideal.

If you can possibly go to any of these meetings in support of this effort,
please let me know. I will arm you with any pertinent details about our
efforts.

The meetings are informal. They randomly split the group into 4 or 5 tables
of folks who bring up any ideas that they would like to see pursued at
Northerly Island=8B this is where we could really use your support!!!!  You
can bring up as many ideas as you want and they all are written down and
presented to the larger group at the end of the session.

If you are interested in helping make this a reality please contact me for
any further details.
Thanks very much for your help!

Robbie Hunsinger

redstart1@earthlink.net
Cook County IL

773 988 1876

Founder & Coordinator
Chicago Bird Collision Monitors
http://www.birdmonitors.net

--B_3184668874_6089278

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>need support for Northerly Island Bird Rehab Facility</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Monaco"><TT>Dear Bird Conservationists,<BR>
There is an effort underway to promote the creation of a Nature Center and =
Bird Rehabilitation Facility in the old terminal building at Northerly Islan=
d. There is another meeting and discussion this <BR>
<BR>
Thursday night December 2, from 630 &#8211; 8:30pm <BR>
at Portage Park, 4100 Long Grove Ave. &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
Portage Park in on Long Grove just north of Irving and west of the the Kenn=
edy (90) by a few blocks. &nbsp;If you get west to Central you have gone too=
 far!<BR>
<BR>
It is critical that we have people showing up at these meetings to promote =
the idea of a Rehab. <BR>
<BR>
There is not a suitable facility <BR>
anywhere near Chicago period for injured birds and our Collision Monitor vo=
lunteers are currently traveling &nbsp;3hours round trip to get the birds th=
at we rescue the help they need. It is quite a hurdle as you can imagine.<BR=

<BR>
Most birds that hit buildings can be treated and released to continue their=
 journeys but they all need expert evaluation and care.<BR>
We rescued close to 400 birds this fall alone and over 100 in one day. A re=
habilitation facility in the city is most desperately needed for the migrato=
ry birds we rescue and for the hundreds of other birds that are found each y=
ear needing help.<BR>
<BR>
There is a critical need for a facility to care for these birds in Chicago =
and Northerly Island seems ideal. <BR>
<BR>
If you can possibly go to any of these meetings in support of this effort, =
please let me know. I will arm you with any pertinent details about our effo=
rts.<BR>
<BR>
The meetings are informal. They randomly split the group into 4 or 5 tables=
 of folks who bring up any ideas that they would like to see pursued at Nort=
herly Island&#8212; this is where we could really use your support!!!! &nbsp=
;You can bring up as many ideas as you want and they all are written down an=
d presented to the larger group at the end of the session.<BR>
<BR>
If you are interested in helping make this a reality please contact me for =
any further details.<BR>
Thanks very much for your help!<BR>
</TT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Monaco"><TT>Robbie Hunsinger<BR>
<BR>
redstart1@earthlink.net<BR>
Cook County IL<BR>
<BR>