[BCNnet] RFI: "abandoned" NE Illinois Monk Parakeet colonies (no sightings)

WJMarcisz@aol.com WJMarcisz@aol.com
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:27:34 EST

--part1_8a.197a28fb.2ec587a6_boundary

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have been working diligently on an
upcoming Meadowlark article regarding the current distribution of nesting Monk
Parakeets in northeastern Illinois. At this point, most of my data is "up to
speed," and I am deeply indebted to the many observers who graciously provided
me with information on this subject. Thanks again to all of you!

My immediate request for information regards some "legendary" NE IL Monk
Parakeet colonies which have either: 1) definitely been abandoned; or 2) are
believed to have been abandoned. I would deeply appreciate ANY information on these
nesting colonies (or other "abandoned" colonies) that readers of this e-mail
might provide (Is the colony truly abandoned, or still active? When was the
colony abandoned? How many nests were present when the colony was active?).  A
list of NE IL Monk Parakeet colonies which are believed to have been abandoned
follows (listed by county):

COOK COUNTY-
Berwyn
Chicago (Marquette Park area ONLY)

DuPAGE COUNTY-
Bensenville
Carol Stream

KANE COUNTY-
Aurora

LAKE COUNTY-
Zion (near mental health hospital at 25th & Sheridan Rd.)

Thanks in advance for any information on these sites you may be able to
provide.

Walter Marcisz, Chicago, Cook Co.
WJMarcisz@aol.com

--part1_8a.197a28fb.2ec587a6_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>As I have men=
tioned in previous posts, I have been working diligently on an upcoming Mead=
owlark article regarding the current distribution of nesting Monk Parakeets=20=
in northeastern Illinois. At this point, most of my data is "up to speed," a=
nd I am deeply indebted to the many observers who graciously provided me wit=
h information on this subject. Thanks again to all of you!
<BR>
<BR>My immediate request for information regards some "legendary" NE IL Monk=
 Parakeet colonies which have either: 1) definitely been abandoned; or 2) ar=
e believed to have been abandoned. I would deeply appreciate ANY information=
 on these nesting colonies (or other "abandoned" colonies) that readers of t=
his e-mail might provide (Is the colony truly abandoned, or still active? Wh=
en was the colony abandoned? How many nests were present when the colony was=
 active?). &nbsp;A list of NE IL Monk Parakeet colonies which are believed t=
o have been abandoned follows (listed by county):
<BR>
<BR>COOK COUNTY-
<BR>Berwyn
<BR>Chicago (Marquette Park area ONLY)
<BR>
<BR>DuPAGE COUNTY-
<BR>Bensenville
<BR>Carol Stream
<BR>
<BR>KANE COUNTY-
<BR>Aurora
<BR>
<BR>LAKE COUNTY-
<BR>Zion (near mental health hospital at 25th &amp; Sheridan Rd.)
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Thanks in advance for any information on these sites you may be able to=20=
provide.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Walter Marcisz, Chicago, Cook Co.