[BCNnet] state funding update - we're almost there!

Judy Pollock bobolnk@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 15:04:12 -0500

We are in the final days of the Spring Session and budget negotiations are
hot and heavy these days.

In order to make sure that the funding for the OSLAD & NAAF programs remains
in place, we need all of the members of PPW and all of YOUR organizations
members to CALL OR E-MAIL your state senator & state representative TODAY.

Take a couple of minutes to get their Springfield phone number or e-mail for
this link:
http://www.elections.state.il.us/dls/pages/SelectOfficialSearch.asp

Please thank your senator & representative for their support of OSLAD & NAAF
and reiterate your desire to see the money restored to the FY05 budget.

As a brief update, Rep. Karen May asked your House colleagues to sign a
letter to the Governor in support of OSLAD/NAAF money.  OVER 90 HOUSE
MEMBERS SIGNED THAT LETTER!!  Sen. Susan Garrett is doing the same thing in
the Senate and is finding equal support for our issue.

Every call, every e-mail and every letter have an impact and Partners for
Parks and Wildlife appreciates all of the work you have done to pressure the
Governor's Office and the members of the General Assembly.

We are down to the final few days and need your help to get over the top!

THANKS!!!

Judy Pollock
jpollock@audubon.org