[BCNnet] dog area going into Chicago River park

Rbdoeker@aol.com Rbdoeker@aol.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 20:35:32 EDT

--part1_1a9.245bbd00.2ddd5754_boundary

Here we go again!

It has come to my attention that Chicago Park District personnel are working
with citizens to create a new dog friendly area right along the Chicago River.
 This is despite the fact that some park staffers think that the master plan
for the river calls for all areas to be natural habitat.  Below is all I know
- it's all I could find on the web.

Hopefully Leslie Borns is on this list.  I've been told she may know more.

Randi Doeker
Chicago

> To:  Alderman O'Connor and River Park Offcials PAWS PARK IN CHICAGO
>
> To: Alderman Patrick. O'Connor of Chicago 40th Ward and the River Park
> Officials
>
> This Petition, supported by the undersigned, is directed to the Alderman of
> the 40th Ward in Chicago, River Park Managers, and other interested City
> Officials. Its goal is to support the construction of an enclosed dog
> friendly area at River Park, which is located at Francisco Street and the
> river. Currently in the Chicago land area, there are such parks constructed
> at Wrigley Field, Hamlin, Wicker, Margate, Walsh, and Coliseum Parks.
> Churchill Park and recently approved Challenger Park is in development
> stages
> and Winnemac Dog Park has a petition in the works. Our community has
> expressed such a need for a pet friendly area.

--part1_1a9.245bbd00.2ddd5754_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>Here we=
 go again!<BR>
<BR>
It has come to my attention that Chicago Park District personnel are working=
 with citizens to create a new dog friendly area right along the Chicago Riv=
er.&nbsp; This is despite the fact that some park staffers think that the ma=
ster plan for the river calls for all areas to be natural habitat.&nbsp; Bel=
ow is all I know - it's all I could find on the web. <BR>
<BR>
Hopefully Leslie Borns is on this list.&nbsp; I've been told she may know mo=
re.<BR>
<BR>
Randi Doeker<BR>
Chicago<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#0000ff" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3DCITE style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEF=
T: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">To:&nbsp; Alderman O'Connor an=
d River Park Offcials PAWS PARK IN CHICAGO <BR>
<BR>
To: Alderman Patrick. O'Connor of Chicago 40th Ward and the River Park <BR>
Officials <BR>
<BR>
This Petition, supported by the undersigned, is directed to the Alderman of=20=
<BR>
the 40th Ward in Chicago, River Park Managers, and other interested City <BR=

Officials. Its goal is to support the construction of an enclosed dog <BR>
friendly area at River Park, which is located at Francisco Street and the <B=

river. Currently in the Chicago land area, there are such parks constructed=20=
<BR>
at Wrigley Field, Hamlin, Wicker, Margate, Walsh, and Coliseum Parks. <BR>
Churchill Park and recently approved Challenger Park is in development stage=
s <BR>
and Winnemac Dog Park has a petition in the works. Our community has <BR>
expressed such a need for a pet friendly area. <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_1a9.245bbd00.2ddd5754_boundary--