[BCNnet] Fwd: Plum Island

Marihahn@aol.com Marihahn@aol.com
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:51:04 EST

--part1_6d.251f5e80.2d91d308_boundary

From: "Jim Sweeney" <jpbiod@jorsm.com>
To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@mercury.jorsm.com>
Subject: Plum Island
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 06:59:22 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C410A4.5EAEA000

sorry for cross postings and Congratulations!!

JS

--forward--

Hello Plum Island Supporters ! !

The three year battle is finally over, Plum Island has been saved from devel=
opment!  Plum Island will become an Illinois Audubon Society Eagle Sanctuary=
 this week.  This is an incredible achievement not only for Illinois Audubon=
, but for all the individuals and groups that stepped forward to help.  The=20=
support for the preservation of Plum Island was truly overwhelming.  I canno=
t begin to do justice by naming everyone involved as I know I will leave som=
eone out.  There were so many that wrote a letter, made a phone call, attend=
ed the many events or signed a petition.  To you, I say thank you from the b=
ottom of my heart.  You have no idea to what degree your support has been fe=
lt and the words "thank you" seem so inadequate.

Thanks to Illinois Audubon and her chapters, affiliates and special Friends=20=
of Plum Island Committee.   I also want to thank the Trust for Public Land w=
ho negotiated with the owner and struck a deal.  Thank you to The Clean Ener=
gy Community Foundation for supplying Illinois Audubon with the grant funds=20=
to purchase the island.  Thanks also to our dear friends with the Midwest SO=
ARRING Foundation for their devotion to the cause and persevering attitude.

I must also thank Lt Governor Pat Quinn, Senator Pat Welch and their staffs=20=
for everything they have done over the course of this battle.  Our gratitude=
 is deep and sincere!

On WEDNESDAY, MARCH 24th at 2:00 p.m. at Starved Rock State Park, The Clean=20=
Energy Community Foundation, the Illinois Audubon Society and the Trust for=20=
Public Land, will be holding a "Victory" press conference in the lower parki=
ng area (near the new Visitor's Center) across from Plum Island.  If the wea=
ther does not allow us to be outdoors, we will move the press conference int=
o the Visitor's Center auditorium.

Please make every effort to attend.  All are welcome and we hope to have a w=
onderful crowd to help us celebrate this amazing achievement!   If you have=20=
any questions regarding the press conference, please do not hesitate to send=
 an e-mail and once again, THANK YOU ! !

Sincerely,

Don Goerne, Chairman
Friends of Plum Island,
a committee of the Illinois Audubon Society

 =20
Do you Yahoo!?

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C410A4.5EAEA000

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3DISO-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>sorry for cross postings and=20
Congratulations!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>JS</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--forward--</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Hello Plum Island Supporters ! !</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The three year battle is finally over, Plum Island has been saved from=20
development!&nbsp; Plum Island will become an Illinois Audubon=20
Society&nbsp;Eagle Sanctuary this week.&nbsp; This is an&nbsp;incredible=20
achievement not only for&nbsp;Illinois Audubon, but for all the individuals=20=
and=20
groups that stepped forward to help.&nbsp; The support for the preservation=20=
of=20
Plum Island was truly overwhelming.&nbsp; I cannot begin to do justice by na=
ming=20
everyone involved&nbsp;as I know I will leave someone out.&nbsp;&nbsp;There=20=
were=20
so many that wrote a letter, made a phone call, attended the many events or=20
signed&nbsp;a petition.&nbsp; To you, I say thank you from the bottom of my=20
heart.&nbsp; You have no idea to what degree your support has been felt and=20=
the=20
words "thank you" seem so&nbsp;inadequate.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks to Illinois Audubon and her chapters, affiliates and special Fri=
ends=20
of Plum Island Committee. &nbsp; I&nbsp;also want to thank the Trust for Pub=
lic=20
Land&nbsp;who negotiated with the owner and struck a deal.&nbsp; Thank you t=
o=20
The Clean Energy Community Foundation for supplying Illinois Audubon with th=
e=20
grant funds to purchase the island.&nbsp; Thanks also to our dear friends wi=
th=20
the Midwest SOARRING Foundation for their devotion to the cause and persever=
ing=20
attitude.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I must also thank Lt Governor Pat Quinn, Senator Pat Welch and their st=
affs=20
for everything they have done over the course of this battle.&nbsp; Our=20
gratitude is deep and sincere!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>On WEDNESDAY, MARCH 24th at 2:00 p.m. at Starved Rock State Park, The C=
lean=20
Energy Community Foundation, the Illinois Audubon Society and the Trust for=20
Public Land, will be holding a "Victory" press conference in the lower parki=
ng=20
area (near the new Visitor's Center) across from Plum Island.&nbsp; If the=20
weather does not allow us to be outdoors, we will move the press conference=20=
into=20
the Visitor's Center auditorium.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Please make every effort to attend.&nbsp; All are welcome and we hope t=
o=20
have a wonderful crowd to help us celebrate this amazing=20
achievement!&nbsp;&nbsp; If you have any questions regarding the press=20
conference, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail and once again, THANK Y=
OU !=20
!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sincerely,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Don Goerne, Chairman</DIV>
<DIV>Friends of Plum Island,</DIV>
<DIV>a committee of the Illinois Audubon Society</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV=