[BCNnet] Tribune Article

Robbie Hunsinger redstart1@earthlink.net
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:26:11 -0600

--B_3162723971_4211710

Dear Fellow Conservationists,

Here=B9s a link to a front page article in today=B9s Tribune -
=B3 Bird lovers try to put flocks on a safe flight path=B2 by Jon Yates.
Jon actually met me downtown at 5am Friday to go on a monitoring route with
me!

The online version of the article is here

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/printedition/chi-0403210545mar21,1,73779=
4
2.story?coll=3Dchi-printnews-hed

You may need to register (it=B9s free) at the Trib site
(http://www.chicagotribune.com) to access it- I=B9m not sure.

Ron Larkin is featured and there is some great info about bird radar as wel=
as general information about migration, what Chicago is doing to help birds=
,
and the Collision Monitors program.

I already got a rescue call about a woodcock from the story. The guy said =B3=
know it=B9s a woodcock from the picture!=B2

Happy birding,

Robbie Hunsinger

Coordinator Chicago Bird Collision Monitors
http://www.birdmonitors.net

--B_3162723971_4211710

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Tribune Article</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Monaco"><TT>Dear Fellow Conservationists,<BR>
<BR>
Here&#8217;s a link to a front page article in today&#8217;s Tribune -<BR>
&#8220; Bird lovers try to put flocks on a safe flight path&#8221; by Jon Y=
ates.<BR>
Jon actually met me downtown at 5am Friday to go on a monitoring route with=
<BR>
me!<BR>
<BR>
The online version of the article is here<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/printedition/ch=
i-0403210545mar21,1,737794<BR>
2.story?coll=3Dchi-printnews-hed<BR>
</U></FONT><BR>
You may need to register (it&#8217;s free) at the Trib site<BR>
(<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>http://www.chicagotribune.com</U></FONT>) to acce=
ss it- I&#8217;m not sure.<BR>
<BR>
Ron Larkin is featured and there is some great info about bird radar as wel=
l<BR>
as general information about migration, what Chicago is doing to help birds=
,<BR>
and the Collision Monitors program.<BR>
<BR>
I already got a rescue call about a woodcock from the story. The guy said &=
#8220;I<BR>
know it&#8217;s a woodcock from the picture!&#8221;<BR>
<BR>
Happy birding,<BR>
<BR>
Robbie Hunsinger<BR>
<BR>
Coordinator Chicago Bird Collision Monitors<BR>
http://www.birdmonitors.net<BR>
<BR>
</TT></FONT>
</BODY>