[BCNnet] Dune ecology and restoration workshop - July 11

Joel Brammeier jbrammeier@lakemichigan.org
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:01:38 -0500

Lake Michigan Federation and Openlands are cosponsoring the following workshop. For anyone who hasn't been to Rainbow Beach recently to see the results of this spring's dune restoration, I'd highly recommend a visit!

The Chicago Park District, Lake Michigan Federation
and Openlands Project invite you to the fourth
Chicago Park Natural Area
Volunteer Stewardship Training Workshop

Workshop  IV:
  Beach and Dune Ecology
and
  Know Your Enemy:  Weed ID

WHEN: 		Sunday, July 11, noon to 3 p.m.
WHERE:  	South Shore Cultural Center
                   	7059 S. South Shore Drive
WHAT: 	Learn about native beach and dune ecosystems and efforts to restore them at South Shore and Rainbow Beach. We’ll also provide a primer on the most common urban weeds

Learn from experts & experienced volunteers in the fields of ecology & habitat restoration:

Designed for beginner/intermediate level and for people who are who are interested in becoming a volunteer in a Chicago Park natural area

 Registration is free but required in advance and limited, so respond quickly, please!
Call: Glenda Daniel at 312/863-6255 or email gdaniel@openlands.org to register by July 7
– Please dress for working in the outdoors! -
-Beverages and light refreshments will be provided

These workshops are made possible by support from the NIB Foundation and
the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

Joel Brammeier
Lake Michigan Federation
jbrammeier@lakemichigan.org
312-939-0838x4