[BCNnet] re: letters and resolutions on FPDCC DFA's etc

Alan Anderson casresearch@comcast.net
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:16:38 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C3DAE3.B2574140

Thank you all for the many varied and divergent opinions on the dog =
areas in the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, and the discussion =
it's generated and led into.    Although the discussion has been heated =
at times, many different points of view have been made.

I don't have much new to add, but just wanted to say that it sounds at =
least like the FPDCC (both the Commissioners and Supt. Bylina) will get =
many letters, phone calls and e-mails on the subject(s) from all of the =
various environmental and bird groups, and from many individuals on the =
subject (and the various issues that the dog area discussion has led to) =
and that will at least let them know that many are interested in these =
areas.

Probably all of the separate groups that make up BCN, as well as a =
number of other environmental and/or outdoor groups, will write the =
commissioners and Supt. Bylina with the resolutions or opinions that =
their boards (or conservation committees or what have you) have agreed =
upon for their own group.    Many individuals will write from their own =
viewpoints.

And when BCN has their meeting, all the various groups will most likely =
agree on SOMETHING to send in, that they all can agree on.   It may be =
the proposal that COS has generated, or might be an adaptation  of it, =
or it might be completely different that all can agree upon.     When =
everyone who is entitled to come to that meeting gets together and talks =
in person, I'm sure something will be acceptable.    It probably will =
also be helpful to have many other people attending who aren't a =
subscriber to BCNnet, and aren't as "involved" in the more heated =
aspects of the debate that we've seen lately, so can offer fresh =
perspective.

But again, the BCN is the sum of its 'parts', and those 'parts' will =
write their own letters/resolution and the BCN will come up with another =
one that all can agree on.

In any case, there will be many letters generated overall to those =
involved in ultimate decision-making (whether policical or management), =
and as Randi has pointed out, this is pretty important in its own right.

Thanks for all of your input.    It's been heated at times, and although =
it might only made a few changes in each of our personal views, it still =
has been informative to see where we are all coming from.

One thing for sure, we all are interested in the use of our (overall) =
limited forest preserve acreage!

Good birding,

Alan B. Anderson
casresearch@comcast.net=20
Des Plaines, Cook Co.

www.chicagoaudubon.org
------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C3DAE3.B2574140

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you all for the many varied and =
divergent=20
opinions on the dog areas in the Forest Preserve District of Cook =
County, and=20
the discussion it's generated and led into.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Although =
the=20
discussion has been heated at times, many different points of view have =
been=20
made.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I don't have much new to add, but just =
wanted to=20
say that it sounds at least like the FPDCC (both the Commissioners and =
Supt.=20
Bylina) will get many letters, phone calls and e-mails on the subject(s) =
from=20
all of the various environmental and bird groups, and from many =
individuals on=20
the subject (and the various issues that the dog area discussion has led =
to) and=20
that will at least let them know that many are interested in these=20
areas.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Probably all of the separate groups =
that make up=20
BCN, as well as a number of other environmental and/or outdoor groups, =
will=20
write the commissioners and Supt. Bylina with the resolutions or =
opinions that=20
their boards (or conservation committees or what have you) have agreed =
upon for=20
their own group.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Many individuals will write from =
their own=20
viewpoints.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And when BCN has their meeting, all the =
various=20
groups will most likely agree on SOMETHING to send in, that they all can =
agree=20
on.&nbsp;&nbsp; It may be the proposal&nbsp;that COS has generated, or =
might be=20
an adaptation &nbsp;of it, or it might be completely different that all =
can=20
agree upon.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;When everyone who is entitled =
to come=20
to that meeting gets together and talks in person, I'm sure something =
will be=20
acceptable.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It probably will also be helpful to have =
many=20
other people attending who aren't a subscriber to BCNnet, and aren't as=20
"involved" in the more heated aspects of the debate that we've seen =
lately, so=20
can offer fresh perspective.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But again, the BCN is the sum of its =
'parts', and=20
those 'parts' will write their own letters/resolution and the BCN will =
come up=20
with another one that all can agree on.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In any case, there will be many letters =
generated=20
overall to those involved in ultimate decision-making (whether policical =
or=20
management), and as Randi has pointed out, this is pretty important in =
its own=20
right.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for all of your =
input.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
It's been heated at times, and although it might only made a few changes =
in each=20
of our personal views, it still has been informative to see where we are =
all=20
coming from.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One thing for sure, we all are =
interested in the=20
use of our (overall) limited forest preserve acreage!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good birding,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alan B. Anderson<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:casresearch@comcast.net">casresearch@comcast.net</A> =
<BR>Des=20
Plaines, Cook Co.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>