[BCNnet] Lobby in Springfield

Douglas Chien doug.chien@sierraclub.org
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:33:34 -0600

--============_-1134456868==_ma============

Greetings,
Given the wide interest in the budget hit that the IDNR is taking
this year and the desire of folks to do something about it, i wanted
to alert you to the annual Sierra Club lobby day in Springfield.
Even if you are not a member you are welcome to join us!  The only
things we can't do for non-members is pay for your transporation and
lodging.

To register send a message to illinois.chapter@sierraclub.org
doug

Help Protect Illinois Wetlands,
Protect Our Parks From ATVs,
Get Sewage Out of Our Water,
Beat Back Bush's Bad Air Program,
Promote Clean Energy, and
Support Funding For Clean Water and Critical IDNR Habitat Protection Programs!

Come to Springfield March 25th!

As you can see, the Illinois General Assembly is addressing several
critical environmental and conservation issues this Spring, and
Sierra Club members from across Illinois will be descending on the
Capitol March 25th to lobby our State Representatives and State
Senators on these important topics.

In just one day, you can help make the difference by talking to your
legislators about these issues at the most critical time of the year
- just before major votes are cast.

You'll hear from Club leaders, staff, some of our top supporters in
the legislature, and others about the issues, and be trained in how
to find, talk to, and convince your legislators to support the
environment.

For those who would like to come in the night before, we will have a
reception the evening of the 24th, and have a limited number of
sleeping rooms available, so PLEASE RSVP by 2/29 to help us plan!
Hotel rooms are for Sierra Club activists only.

Full details are available on our website at
http://illinois.sierraclub.org click "Events" at the top of the page.
For more information about the specific issues before the legislature
http://ilinois.sierraclub.org click "Legislative" on the left.

We hope to see you there!

Jack Darin
Director
Sierra Club, Illinois Chapter
--
Douglas Chien, Conservation Field Rep.	tel:312.251.1680
Illinois Chapter of the Sierra Club	fax:312.251.1780

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
this year and the desire of folks to do something about it, i wanted
to alert you to the annual Sierra Club lobby day in Springfield.&nbsp;
Even if you are not a member you are welcome to join us!&nbsp; The
only things we can't do for non-members is pay for your transporation
and lodging. </div>
illinois.chapter@sierraclub.org</div>
Habitat Protection Programs!</div>
several critical environmental and conservation issues this Spring,
and Sierra Club members from across Illinois will be descending on the
Capitol March 25th to lobby our State Representatives and State
Senators on these important topics.</div>
your legislators about these issues at the most critical time of the
year - just before major votes are cast. </div>
in the legislature, and others about the issues, and be trained in how
to find, talk to, and convince your legislators to support the
environment.</div>
have a reception the evening of the 24th, and have a limited number of
sleeping rooms available, so PLEASE RSVP by 2/29 to help us plan!&nbsp;
Hotel rooms are for Sierra Club activists only. </div>
http://illinois.sierraclub.org click &quot;Events&quot; at the top of
the page. For more information about the specific issues before the
legislature http://ilinois.sierraclub.org click &quot;Legislative&quot;
on the left. </div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>
color="#007700"
>____________________________________________________________________<span
Rep.<x-tab>&nbsp; </x-tab>tel:312.251.1680</font></div>
Club<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</x-tab>fax:312.251.1780</font></div>
505<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</x-tab>net:doug.chien@sierraclub.org</font></div>
60601<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</x-tab><x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</x-tab><x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</x-tab>web:illinois.sierraclub.org</font></div>