[BCNnet] question about turkey introdution

Stephen Packard spackard@mindspring.com
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:49:47 -0600

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

I was interested in an earlier reference to a preserve somewhere at which turkeys had been deemed to be a problem. Does anyone know more or have a reference to reports about anything like that?

My quick Google search seemed mostly to turn up two kinds of complaints. One type seemed to be essentially ammunition for hunters who were building a case to allow more turkey hunting. The other type seemed to be basically along the lines of people who don't want birds eating their berries or crashing into their windows -- real problems to be sure, but not good reasons to stamp out nature.
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META charset=UTF-8 http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was interested in an earlier reference to a preserve somewhere at which turkeys had been deemed to be a problem. Does anyone know more or have a reference to reports&nbsp;about anything like&nbsp;that?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My quick Google search seemed mostly to turn up two kinds of complaints. One type seemed to be essentially ammunition for hunters who were building a case to allow more turkey hunting. The other type seemed to be basically along the lines of people who don't want birds eating their berries or crashing into their windows -- real problems to be sure, but not good reasons to stamp out nature.</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--