[BCNnet] Cook County Spring Bird Count Info

Scott Carpenter Scott Carpenter" <scott_carpenter@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:35:33 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C41BB2.2040C1E0

Fellow Birders,

If you have participated in the Cook County Spring Bird Count (SBC) at =
least once since 1998, or if you plan to participate this year (even if =
you are part of someone else's group and don't fill out any forms =
yourself), please read on.  If this describes you but you are one of the =
13 people who already contacted me about the SBC, no need to read on.

I am hoping to reduce the cost associated with mailings, as well as make =
the mailing and compiling process more efficient.  To this end, I would =
appreciate an email from you if you have participated in the Cook County =
SBC at least once since 1998, or if you plan to participate this year.  =
Please let me know (1) whether or not you would like to receive forms =
this year and/or in the future; (2) your preferred method of receiving =
the forms ("snail" mail, email, web download); (3) your current contact =
information (address and email).

Many of you (including me) have participated in the SBC many years, but =
have never used the forms because we were part of someone else's =
"group".  If that describes you, please contact me anyway to let me know =
whether or not you will need forms.

If you are a "group" leader (meaning you are the one who submits the =
forms), feel free to send me information for your group's participants =
who are not on IBET or BCNNet.  Or, please forward them this message.

For those who are interested in why I'm hoping to improve the efficiency =
of the Cook County SBC process, here are the numbers.  Currently, I have =
a list of 199 potential names/addresses to whom I potentially will send =
the Cook County SBC forms.  Of these 199, 13 have contacted me to =
express their preference regarding how they receive the forms for the =
2004 count.  Of the remaining 186:

6 have not participated since at least 1998
12 last participated in 1998
19 last participated in 1999
15 last participated in 2000
20 last participated in 2001
29 last participated in 2002
85 last participated in 2003

Thank you for getting this far, and thanks in advance for sending me an =
email!

Scott Carpenter
Hyde Park/Chicago
scott_carpenter@sbcglobal.net

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C41BB2.2040C1E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Fellow Birders,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If you </FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>have=20
participated in the Cook County Spring Bird Count (SBC)&nbsp;at least =
once since=20
1998, or if you plan to participate this year (even if you are part of =
someone=20
else's group and don't fill out any forms yourself), please read =
on.&nbsp; If=20
this describes you but you are one of the 13 people who already =
contacted me=20
about the SBC, no need to read on.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am hoping to reduce the cost =
associated with=20
mailings, as well as make the mailing and compiling process more=20
efficient.&nbsp; To this end, I would appreciate an email from you if =
you have=20
participated in the Cook County SBC at least once since 1998, or if you =
plan to=20
participate this year.&nbsp; Please let me know (1)&nbsp;whether or =
not&nbsp;you=20
would like to receive forms this year and/or in the future; (2) your =
preferred=20
method of receiving the forms ("snail" mail, email, web download); (3) =
your=20
current contact information (address and email).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Many of you (including me) have participated in the SBC many years, =
but=20
have never used the forms because we were part of someone else's =
"group".&nbsp;=20
If that describes you, please contact me anyway to let me =
know&nbsp;whether or=20
not&nbsp;you&nbsp;will need forms.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you are a "group" leader (meaning you are the one who submits =
the=20
forms), feel free to send me information for your group's participants =
who are=20
not on IBET or BCNNet.&nbsp; Or, please forward them this message.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>For those who are interested in&nbsp;why I'm&nbsp;hoping&nbsp;to =
improve=20
the efficiency of the Cook County SBC process, here are the =
numbers.&nbsp; <FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>Currently, I have a list =
of&nbsp;199&nbsp;potential=20
names/addresses to whom I potentially will send the Cook County SBC =
forms.&nbsp;=20
Of these 199, </FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>13 have contacted me to =
express=20
their preference regarding how they receive the forms for the=20
2004&nbsp;count.&nbsp;&nbsp;Of the remaining 186:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>6 have not participated since at least=20
1998</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>12 last participated in =
1998</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>19 last participated in =
1999</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>15 last participated in =
2000</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>20 last participated in =
2001</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>29 last participated in =
2002</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>85 last participated in =
2003</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thank you for getting this far, and thanks in advance for sending =
me an=20
email!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Scott Carpenter</DIV>
<DIV>Hyde Park/Chicago</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"mailto:scott_carpenter@sbcglobal.net">scott_carpenter@sbcglobal.n=
et</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C41BB2.2040C1E0--