[BCNnet] Chicago Area Waterways sytems meetings

cdicjill@onebox.com cdicjill@onebox.com
Wed, 03 Sep 2003 20:47:02 -0400

Hee's an announcement from EPA about meetings on the long term strategies for uses of the Chicago Area Waterway System, including our rivers and Lake Calumet.  Note the dates are early next week. If the formatting of the lines makes this hard to read, links to informational websites are www.ChicagoAreaWaterways.org or the IEPA at
www.epa.state.il.us

Jill Niland
Chicago

Mardi Klevs
Greater Chicago Urban Initiative Manager
Office of Strategic Environmental Analysis
U.S. EPA
77 W. Jackson (T-16J)
Chicago, IL 60604
312-353-5490
fax: 312-886-2737
klevs.mardi@epa.gov
----- Forwarded by Mardi Klevs/R5/USEPA/US on 09/03/03 09:03 AM -----

                      Chicago Area

                      Waterways

                      <netcomsus0094@jan        To:       Mardi
Klevs/R5/USEPA/US@EPA
                      gomail.com>               cc:

                                                cc:

                      08/28/03 10:32 AM         bcc:

                                                Fax to:

                                                Subject:  Public Meeting
Announcement

       If you have trouble viewing this HTML Email, please visit
http://admin.netcomsus.com/common/file.php/pg/dodo/chicago_waterways/binaries/22/il_epa_meeting_092003_web.htm

  If you would like to unsubscribe to this list, please Reply to this
              email with "unsubscribe" in the Subject line
|(Embedded image moved to file: pic06172.gif)                               |
|                           Public Meeting Notice                           |
|                        Please Forward to a Friend!                        |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
| The Future of the Chicago Area Waterway System                            |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
| The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA), and other federal,   |
| state and local governmental agencies, will discuss and seek input on a   |
| multi-year evaluation, called a Use Attainability Analysis, being         |
| conducted on the Chicago Area Waterway System (CAWS).                     |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
| The evaluation will determine the suitable uses (i.e., commercial usage,  |
| swimming, fishing, water skiing, boating, etc.) for the CAWS in the       |
| future. The CAWS consists of Calumet and Chicago River basin water bodies |
| as well as Lake Calumet and numerous general use tributaries.             |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
| IEPA will describe the evaluation process, explain why the evaluation is  |
| being conducted and detail the impact of the evaluation on the CAWS.      |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
| What You Can Do:                                                          |
|       Be informed. Attend a public meeting to learn more about the CAWS   |
|       and the evaluation being conducted on it.                           |
|                                                                           |
|       Forward to a Friend. Please forward this e-mail message to anyone   |
|       you think would be interested.                                      |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
| Other Information:                                                        |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
| For more information regarding the environmental evaluation or the CAWS,  |
| please visit www.ChicagoAreaWaterways.org or the IEPA at                  |
| www.epa.state.il.us or call 1-847-294-4000.                               |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 Who Should Attend:        |
|                                                 Individuals doing business|
|                                                 or recreating in the      |
|                                                 Chicago Area Waterway     |
|                                                 System                    |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 Meeting Times & Locations:|
|                                                 (click each for details)  |
|                                                 Sept 08, 7PM, North       |
|                                                 Sept 09, 7PM, South       |
|                                                 Sept 11, 7PM, South Side  |
|                                                 Sept 16, 7PM, Downton     |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 Contact Person:           |
|                                                 Rob Sulski                |
|                                                 Bureau of Water           |
|                                                 Illinois Environmental    |
|                                                 Protection Agency         |
|                                                 9511 West Harrison Street |
|                                                 Des Plaines, Illinois     |
|                                                 60018                     |
|                                                 847-294-4000              |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                           North           |
|                                                 Where:                    |
|                                                 Evanston City Council     |
|                                                 Chambers                  |
|                                                 of the Civic Center       |
|                                                 2100 Ridge Avenue, 2nd Flr|
|                                                 Evanston, IL 60201        |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 When:                     |
|                                                 September 8, 2003         |
|                                                 7:00 - 9:00 P.M.          |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 Directions:               |
|                                                 Public Transit: Take the  |
|                                                 "L" The Purple Line runs  |
|                                                 through Evanston. From    |
|                                                 Chicago, you can take the |
|                                                 Red Line to the Howard    |
|                                                 Stop and transfer to the  |
|                                                 Purple Line. From Skokie, |
|                                                 you can take the Skokie   |
|                                                 Swift to the Howard Stop  |
|                                                 to the Purple Line.       |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 Driving: From Chicago,    |
|                                                 Take I-90/94 W to the     |
|                                                 Edens Expressway N. Take  |
|                                                 the E Dempster exit to    |
|                                                 Ridge and go north.       |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                           South           |
|                                                 Where:                    |
|                                                 Lake Katherine Nature     |
|                                                 Preserve                  |
|                                                 7402 Lake Katherine Drive |
|                                                 Palos Heights, IL 60463   |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 When:                     |
|                                                 September 9, 2003         |
|                                                 7:00 - 9:00 P.M.          |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 Directions: (north on 75th|
|                                                 Avenue from Rt. 83 - 75th |
|                                                 Avenue joins Rt. 83 three |
|                                                 blocks west of Harlem     |
|                                                 Avenue), Palos Heights,   |
|                                                 Illinois.                 |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                         South Side        |
|                                                 Where:                    |
|                                                 Stefani's at Harborside   |
|                                                 International Golf Course |
|                                                 11001 South Doty Avenue   |
|                                                 East (Frontage Road)      |
|                                                 Chicago, IL 60628         |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 When:                     |
|                                                 September 11, 2003        |
|                                                 7:00 - 9:00 P.M.          |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 Directions:               |
|                                                 Driving: From downtown    |
|                                                 Chicago - Take Dan Ryan   |
|                                                 Expressway (I-94) E to    |
|                                                 Bishop Ford Expressway    |
|                                                 south, exit at 111th and  |
|                                                 go east. Entrance is on   |
|                                                 frontage road. 16-minutes |
|                                                 from Chicago's Loop,      |
|                                                 40-minutes from O'Hare    |
|                                                 Airport, 25-minutes from  |
|                                                 Midway Airport.           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                          Downtown         |
|                                                 Where:                    |
|                                                 James R.Thompson Center - |
|                                                 Assembly Hall Room on     |
|                                                 concourse Level. Entrance |
|                                                 from LaSalle St. only.    |
|                                                 100 W. Randolph           |
|                                                 Chicago, IL 60601         |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 When:                     |
|                                                 September 16, 2003        |
|                                                 7:00 - 9:00 P.M.          |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 Directions:               |
|                                                 Public Transit: Located   |
|                                                 off the Thompson Center   |
|                                                 stop on the Blue, Red,    |
|                                                 Orange, Brown, Green, and |
|                                                 Purple EL trains.         |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                                           |
|                                                 Driving: Or from the      |
|                                                 Kennedy Expressway (I-94) |
|                                                 take West Randolph Street |
|                                                 exit (exit #51B) and turn |
|                                                 east onto Randolph. Take a|
|                                                 right on Halsted and the  |
|                                                 next right onto Lake      |
|                                                 Street. Follow to the     |
|                                                 Thompson Center.          |

--
Jill Niland
cdicjill@onebox.com - email