[BCNnet] Soldier Field problem

Robbie Hunsinger redstart1@earthlink.net
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:49:15 -0500

--B_3148886956_16370705

Soldier Field even had its ball field and stadium seats lit up last night-
in addition to the colonnades and the
interior lights that shine out of the clear glass windows. It was
unbelievable. There was a glowing haze that
you could see from Randolph street from all of the lights.  And we can=B9t
monitor the area that birds would
be sitting up there against the east glass wall.

This is very upsetting and I am wondering if anyone on BCN has ideas about
getting these lights out ASAP.
I have left messages with the facility and operations managers at the Field
and even tried to find them this morning.
I contacted the Lights Out committee two weeks ago now about the problem.

It is upsetting to think that all the work that has been done to get the
rest of the Loop dark is being more than balanced
out by the bird trap that those lights are creating on the lake there.

Thanks for any help with this rather large problem,

Robbie Hunsinger

Coordinator Chicago Bird Collision Monitors
http://www.birdmonitors.net
redstart1@earthlink.net
773 774 5509

--B_3148886956_16370705

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Soldier Field problem</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Palatino">Soldier Field even had its ball field and stadium sea=
ts lit up last night- in addition to the colonnades and the<BR>
interior lights that shine out of the clear glass windows. It was unbelieva=
ble. There was a glowing haze that <BR>
you could see from Randolph street from all of the lights. &nbsp;And we can=
&#8217;t monitor the area that birds would <BR>
be sitting up there against the east glass wall.<BR>
<BR>
This is very upsetting and I am wondering if anyone on BCN has ideas about =
getting these lights out ASAP.<BR>
I have left messages with the facility and operations managers at the Field=
 and even tried to find them this morning.<BR>
I contacted the Lights Out committee two weeks ago now about the problem. <=

<BR>
It is upsetting to think that all the work that has been done to get the re=
st of the Loop dark is being more than balanced<BR>
out by the bird trap that those lights are creating on the lake there.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks for any help with this rather large problem,<BR>
<BR>
Robbie Hunsinger<BR>
<BR>
Coordinator Chicago Bird Collision Monitors<BR>
http://www.birdmonitors.net<BR>
redstart1@earthlink.net<BR>
773 774 5509<BR>
</FONT>