[BCNnet] Thatcher Woods

Rbdoeker@aol.com Rbdoeker@aol.com
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 08:52:48 EST

-------------------------------1068385968

Absolutely, Terry.

And we have a vehicle to start with:  The new Chicago area birding trail map
being developed by the City.  It covers the Cook Co. FP (along with the entire
metro area).

BCN can ask that all of the areas identified in the map be made off-limits to
dogs.  Unfortunately the FP can't afford to put up the fences even if they
wanted to.

And, unfortunately, Thatcher Woods is not on the map.  (Dunno why except that
the map is really a booklet and, thus, not everything could be listed.)  But
that should not stop us.

But since Thatcher Woods is not on the map, we still need the locals to
identify the vital areas to be protected.  "Everything" won't be a reasoned
solution.

Randi Doeker
Chicago

In a message dated 11/9/2003 12:51:42 AM Central Standard Time,