[BCNnet] Re: fencing FP areas; why not us?

Terry Schilling tsrecord@ripco.com
Sun, 09 Nov 2003 00:52:03 -0800

It seems to me the best defense is a good offense. If dog owners can get
areas set aside for dog-only use, and golfers can get hundreds of acres
set aside for golf-only use, why can't we get areas set aside for
birder-only use? A thousand acres here, five hundred acres there, and in
no time at all we'd get some real protection for the FPs. And if a fence
is the only way to keep horses, dogs and ATVs out, so be it. They just
need to be longer fences than the dog areas use. This could also have
the salubrious effect of keeping the deer out. ;-)

At the least this might make the commissioners more sensitive to
appropriate use of certain areas that have value as habitat, because
apparently the DOGs don't.

Terry Schilling