[BCNnet] BCNnet: Keep ATVs off public lands in Illinois

Birdchris@aol.com Birdchris@aol.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:39:58 -0500

Two bad bills are passing through the Illinois House and Senate that would open up IDNR land to ATV use and would cut the amount spent on law enforcement in areas where ATVs are permitted.

ATVs do a lot of damage to natural areas and are bad for birds from the standpoint of noise, habitat destruction and disturbance.

Go to the link for more information on this subject to
http://illinoisactionproject.org/tf.asp?aacwc=2743872297871160236893

Also check the Sierra Club's web site at http://sierraclub.org. Click on Chapters and then Illinois.

THANKS! Please get back to me with any questions. I was in Springfield last week lobbying on this issue and talking to the IDNR about it. I think we can defeat the powerful off-road lobby if everyone contacts their state senator and representative.

Christine Williamson
Chicago/Cook
birdchris@aol.com