[BCNnet] Saturday: Jarvis Migratory Bird Sanctuary workday

Terry Schilling tsrecord@ripco.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:43:44 -0500

Sorry for this late post, but I've been out of town for the last two
weeks. Tomorrow, July 19th, is the next workday at the Jarvis Migratory
Bird Sanctuary, at the foot of Addison Street in Chicago's Lincoln Park.
Jim DeHorn and the Treekeepers will be mulching in "Barry's Grove" north
of the fence, and we'll also be doing some weed pulling (bittersweet
nightshade and a few others), along with some brush cutting. The weather
looks to be perfect for a sommer workday tomorrow!

All workdays are from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Come when you can, stay as little
or as long as you'd like. "Everyone is invited to bring this treasure to
life."

Wear appropriate clothing, including a hat. Long sleeves and long pants
are always recommended. Sun protection is important, and we may need
insect repellent. Work gloves and tools will be provided. Of course,
bring your binoculars, but if you don't have any, we have some you can
borrow during breaks!

Refreshments from Ann Sather Restaurant will be served.

Sponsored by the Lake View Citizens Council. Authorized by the Chicago
Park District.

Terry Schilling
--
Savanna Oak Productions and tsssystems.com provides full service video,
audio and music production and post for both traditional media and the