[BCNnet] Springbrook Prairie Birding and Workday

Joe Suchecki issuesman50@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:52:11 -0800 (PST)

--0-1427452753-1070423531=:90975

BCN friends,

If you are not doing anything this Saturday morning, December 6th, I'm having a birding/workday at Springbrook Prairie in Naperville starting at 8:00am in cooperation with the DuPage Forest Preserve District and DuPage Birding Club.  Meet at the model Airplane Field Parking Lot on Plainfield-Naperville Road south of 75th Street in southern Naperville.

We'll do some birding at Springbrook and also cut out some brush and small trees from some of the grassland bird fields to improve the habitat for our nesting birds when they start returning in March.  Bring your binocs, tools will be provided.  We'll be done around 11.

Just a note that the open fields are pretty barren at this time of year, but we may be able to scare up a wintering short-eared owl, harrier or other raptors - so don't expect a Big Day record.

Please let me know if you are planning to attend so that I have enough equipment and doughnuts.

Joe Suchecki
Naperville

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
--0-1427452753-1070423531=:90975

<DIV>BCN friends,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you are not doing anything this Saturday morning, December 6th, I'm having a birding/workday at Springbrook Prairie in Naperville starting at 8:00am in cooperation with the DuPage Forest Preserve District and DuPage Birding Club.&nbsp; Meet at the model Airplane Field Parking Lot on Plainfield-Naperville Road south of 75th Street in southern Naperville.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We'll do some birding at Springbrook and also cut out some brush and small trees from some of the grassland bird fields to improve the habitat for our nesting birds when they start returning in March.&nbsp; Bring your binocs, tools will be provided.&nbsp; We'll be done around 11.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Just a note that the open fields are pretty barren at this time of year, but we may be able to scare up a wintering short-eared owl, harrier or other raptors - so don't expect a Big Day record.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Please let me know if you are planning to attend so that I have enough equipment and doughnuts.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joe Suchecki</DIV>
<DIV>Naperville</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>