[BCNnet] Fwd: NJ Audubon Society's Wind Energy Policy Paper

Terry Schilling tsrecord@ripco.com
Sun, 03 Aug 2003 15:17:34 -0500

I think there's a HUGE difference in human vs. avian mortality from
pollution. Many of the effects of pollution on human health stems from
repeated and long-term exposure, and probably has relatively little
effect on species whose average lifespan in the wild is considerably
less than 10 years. Millions of wind farms dotting the landscape would
undoubtedly mean many fewer people dying of pollution related diseases
and conditions (and millions is what it would take to replace our
dependence on fossil fuels), but would probably contribute to the
extinction of threatened bird species, and could become a contributing
factor in the continued decline in many others.

Terry Schilling
--
Savanna Oak Productions and tsssystems.com provides full service video,
audio and music production and post for both traditional media and