[BCNnet] Crows

ISSUESMAN@aol.com ISSUESMAN@aol.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:45:27 -0400

In response to some of the posting on BCN and IBET regarding crows, I will poorly paraphrase the old quote regarding death to say that the concerns regarding the extirpation of crows from northeastern Illinois appears to be badly exaggerated.

Yesterday afternoon about 6:00pm I counted 47 crows flying over my home in Naperville, generally heading is a northerly direction - most likely to a roost.  It was a nice steady stream of birds, and the actual number could have been higher since I don't think that I caught the start of the flock.

Not to say that there hasn't been a decline or deaths, but there are still crows around to be counted and to enjoy.

Joe Suchecki
Naperville