[BCNnet] Lincoln Park Bird Sanctuary workday

Terry Schilling tsrecord@ripco.com
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 10:18:22 -0600

The next Lincoln Park Bird Sanctuary workday (in Chicago) will be this
coming Saturday, March 9th, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. We'll be planting seed of
about 60 species in the newly enclosed South Swale and east side areas, and in
two or three other areas farther inside.

Dress for the weather. Rain gear and heavy footwear are recommended.

We'll provide the tools - although if you have a long handled garden cultivator,
you can bring that along. Refreshments from Ann Sather's will be served (of
course).

Save these dates, Saturday, April 27th and Saturday June 1st, for our Annual
Garlic Mustard workdays (we'll also be doing some planting).

Sponsored by the Lakeview Citizens Council and authorized by the Chicago
Park District.

We meet at the east side of the Sanctuary, near the new Observation Platform,
which is located in Lincoln Park at the foot of Addison Street in Chicago.
Plenty of parking is available nearby. Access from the north and west is from
Irving Park Road; access from the south is from the Recreation Drive exit from
northbound Lake Shore Drive (the next exit after Belmont).

Terry Schilling
--
T/S Recording and tsssystems.com provide full service video, audio and
music production and post for both traditional media and the Web, along