[BCNnet] Lake Calumet marina update

Karolyn Beebe keedo@merr.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:47:53 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_027F_01C2119A.05C186C0

FYI - The following note suggests 25-50 letters on a topic resembles =
"critical and influential mass" to big publications. Hopefully to the =
USACE as well.  -kb

From: <DPeelMD
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 9:49 PM
Subject: Over 25 of us wrote the WSJ so far!!!!

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write to the WSJ. We reached a =
critical and influential mass very quickly. And y'all got fired up and =
wrote lots of passionate, great opinions!

In case anyone's courious, I learned that 25-50 people could influence a =
national publication from the south bureau chief for TIME magazine. I =
was their MH consultant for the Andrea Yates stories. The bureau chief =
told me that TIME magazine -circulation 30 million, RARELY gets over 50 =
letters on any topic! He said that when the editors get 25-50 letters, =
they really sit up and pay attention. Imagine the effect of that many =
letters on a publication with a much smaller ciriculation. We can be =
VERY visible and our opinions can be counted if we write to them.

So if there is a public groundswell of 25-50 letters to any newspaper or =
magazine with a smaller circulation, it will definitely get the top =
editors attention, it will get more stories written about that subject, =
and influence editorial content.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Thanks so much for participating and representing our field---how else =
will anyone know what MH is or what we have to offer?  -deb

----- Original Message -----=20