[BCNnet] L.Calumet marina Letters Needed- June 14 deadline

WJMarcisz@aol.com WJMarcisz@aol.com
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 16:38:25 EDT

--part1_11c.125296fb.2a3516c1_boundary

Dear BCNnet,

As posted by Joel Brammeier on 6-3-02, the Letter of Permission originally
requested for the proposed Lake Calumet marina appears to have been delayed
and/or stopped. As a result, the Illinois International Port District has
applied for a regular individual permit for the 1,000 slip marina. The
deadline for Public comments to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is Friday, June
14, 2002. That's this coming Friday -the deadline is coming up fast.

Letters to the USACE are urgently needed. A few guidelines are in order. In
regard to the proposed marina, we are requesting: 1) a complete Environmental
Impact Statement; 2) a public hearing; and 3) an extension of the public
comment period.

I have written a letter to USACE on behalf of BCN which I will post
separately on BCNnet. It is a rather long letter. BCNnet members are welcome
to use it as an information source for their own original letters, but please
don't simply copy it. Original letters are always best.

Again, you should find a wealth of information to draw upon in my BCN letter.
And don't forget that the deadline for public commentary is June 14th!

Thanks much to all who are able to help on this!

Walter Marcisz, Chicago, Cook Co.
WJMarcisz@aol.com

--part1_11c.125296fb.2a3516c1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Dear BCNnet,
<BR>
<BR>As posted by Joel Brammeier on 6-3-02, the Letter of Permission originally requested for the proposed Lake Calumet marina appears to have been delayed and/or stopped. As a result, the Illinois International Port District has applied for a regular individual permit for the 1,000 slip marina. The deadline for Public comments to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is Friday, June 14, 2002. That's this coming Friday -the deadline is coming up fast.
<BR>
<BR>Letters to the USACE are urgently needed. A few guidelines are in order. In regard to the proposed marina, we are requesting: 1) a complete Environmental Impact Statement; 2) a public hearing; and 3) an extension of the public comment period.
<BR>
<BR>I have written a letter to USACE on behalf of BCN which I will post separately on BCNnet. It is a rather long letter. BCNnet members are welcome to use it as an information source for their own original letters, but please don't simply copy it. Original letters are always best.
<BR>
<BR>Again, you should find a wealth of information to draw upon in my BCN letter. And don't forget that the deadline for public commentary is June 14th!
<BR>
<BR>Thanks much to all who are able to help on this!
<BR>
<BR>Walter Marcisz, Chicago, Cook Co.
<BR>WJMarcisz@aol.com &nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></HTML>

--part1_11c.125296fb.2a3516c1_boundary--