[BCNnet] Palmolive beacon

Judy Pollock bobolnk@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:27:45 -0500

I just checked with the people at Draper and Kramer, the building that has
the beacon.  They have been in communication with the BCN to ask about
details of the Lights Out program several times this fall and winter.  They
affirmed that they are happy to participate in the Lights Out program.

This year, the city asked building owners and managers to extingush their
exterior lighting from March 17 to June 7 - after 11 pm.  Althought the
lights go out later in the evening, they will be out for just about the
entire migration period.  The Lights Out committee did extensive research
over the winter before they made these recommendations.  As you've heard in
other messages, you can contact Ken Wysocki if you are interested in
monitoring the effects of this year's Lights Out program.

Judy Pollock