[BCNnet] To Kill a Mockingbird ... and a Half

Antlitz@aol.com Antlitz@aol.com
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:30:17 EDT

--part1_7c.1af27243.28c51829_boundary

bobolnk@ix.netcom.com writes:

Well, sometimes, authors write two endings to their tales.  The one that they
feel to be true to the story, and the one that the editor actually allows to
get published.

And sometimes large cities also have two faces.  What is displayed and
supported up front and what goes on behind the scenes.

And actually, the book is about just that.  What the public sees and judges
and what the truth of the matter actually is.

The more I stare at the picture and mull it over in my hyperassociative
mind,the more and more appropriate and deeply meaningful it becomes.
Whether or not it was intentially and consciously planned by all the human PR
agents, marketing consultants, event organizers, and illustration committees,
I see it as a meaningful sign (and I hope not an ominous one).

 The tail is sort of like the bird's rudder and it helps to keep it flying on
a straight course and landing accurately on its target perches and steering
above and around imposing glass roofs.  I am relieved to know that in the
true and wild reality mockingbirds and most other birds have only one tail.

Although I hear the swallows at Chernoble have developed asymetrical tails,
and may in time with the aid of future human intervention some day develop
into a two-tailed species.

In the mean time, it may be a good educational excercize for all of those who
conduct educational bird walks to consistently point out to all the
participants that every bird they see has exactly one tail.

--part1_7c.1af27243.28c51829_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 9/3/01 9:40:25 AM Central Daylight Time,